Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Monday, March 30, 2015

Jack - Week 12

March 14-20




While Jack was celebrating his 12th week, I was celebrating my 31st birthday.  Last year at my birthday, Jack didn't even exist quite yet.  Crazy to think about!  This year was a very different birthday than ever before, but I loved having my sweet baby to celebrate with.  I was so excited that we FINALLY got some beautiful, sunny weather in Houston for my birthday. Jack and I hung out outside and had a blast.  My mom arrived on the afternoon of my birthday for another visit. She retired just in time- we are so glad to be seeing her so often!  And on my birthday night, David and I even got to go out for a quick dinner while my mom babysat.  Later that week, my mom made me a delicious birthday dinner and cake.  All in all, a pretty nice birthday!


Enjoying the beautiful weather on my birthday

Birthday selfies
This week, Jack also got to meet my cousin (his second cousin? aunt?), Lee Anne.  She was in Austin for work and drove over to Houston to visit us for a few days.  Jack and Lee Anne loved each other and got along great!  It was so fun to see her!




On St. Patrick's Day, my mom and Jack dressed up in green and hung out at the park across the street from our house. I hung out with them briefly but then snuck away to give them (and me) some alone time. It's so nice having a second set of hands around to hold and play with Jack. It makes a huge difference since I'm usually on my own the majority of the day!



What Jack Is Up To This Week:

-His neck is getting a lot stronger.  He is still not a fan of tummy time, and he seems to barely hold his head up when laying on his belly, but when he's upright, he holds it up so strong!  I don't always have to hold his head like I did when I carry him around like when he was a newborn.  He still needs some help- especially as he gets tired later in the day, but he's getting so strong!

-Jack loves to blow raspberries and seems pretty proud of himself for figuring out this trick.

-Jack has been laughing for a while now (his first laugh was 3/11/15), but he is laughing a lot more now! It is the cutest sound!

-He does a lot of imitating now. He loves to lay on the bed or changing table and have you make faces and noises above him and then he tries to imitate what you do.  Sometimes he will make a sound or face and then kind of raise his chin like "ok, now you copy that one."  It's pretty cute.

-Jack is definitely noticing his feet now. I don't think he understands that they are his and that they are attached to his body, but he definitely stares at them a lot now and tries to reach them with his hands.



I'm too tired to flip this around, but I get a kick out of a baby in shorts and socks. 

Jack's excessively large Easter basket. 

Baby in shorts and socks strikes again

Morning snuggles with Mimi

Baby TOMS! 

He looks about 16 here... and he also looks embarrassed to be in a picture with me (already?!)


 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of him with his glasses! Thanks for commenting on my Questions for Moms post. I left you a comment about sleep training! Would love to know how it is going!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!