Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Baby H - A Sneak Preview

I've been wanting to put together a post with all the photos from the ultrasounds we have had.  Now that we most likely won't have anymore sneak peeks at our little guy before he arrives, I figured it would be a good time to look back on how far baby has come.  Also, I try to refrain from posting photos of my uterus on Facebook and Instagram (OK, except for maybe one time), since I don't like to assume that people want to see these sometimes creepy photos, so I figured my blog would be a good place to share and have a little fun watching my little guy grow.

8 Weeks

This was at my very first OB appointment.  It was basically just to confirm that, "yep, there's a baby in there." He was nothing more than a little jelly bean back then.


11 Weeks

At this ultrasound, they were taking lots of measurements for various tests that they run.  I remember thinking how amazing it was that in just 3-4 weeks, he had changed so much.  That blob that we had seen just 4 weeks prior now was much more human-looking (although sometimes alien-looking, too). David and I were both surprised to see how much he was moving around in there, especially since I couldn't feel ANY of it!  This was also the first time that we got to hear his heartbeat!


Looking like a Teddy Graham
David loves these freaky alien ones. 
20 Weeks

This was the much-anticipated "anatomy scan" where they check and measure the development of all the body parts.  And of course, we also got to find out the sex of what we now know is our little man! This was such a fun ultrasound, and they spent a LOT of time showing us every little body part. BUT, part of the reason it took so long was because baby boy was very uncooperative.  Every place that the tech would try to get a view of, he would use his arm to cover up or make a shadow so we couldn't see, or he would turn the other way and hide.  They had to have me get up several times and walk around, use the bathroom, roll over to my side, etc. in attempts to get him to cooperate.  We both agreed that he must get that tendency to be difficult from his dad.  But in the end, we DID get to see everything, and we were SO excited to find out that a boy was on the way!

Alien/Skeleton Baby, again, David's favorite for some reason. 
That's his nose and his mouth (check out those lips!) with a shadow he is making from his arm over his eyes.
Legs, feet, and arms... notice him shaking his fist at us in defiance in the last photo
It's a BOY! I promise, this will be the last time I post a picture of my kid's anatomy on the internets. 


36 Weeks (Bonus!)

We thought that we wouldn't get anymore ultrasounds past 20 weeks, but because of a study that I have agreed to participate in throughout my pregnancy and after, they wanted to do another one to get some images and measurements for their study.  I was SO excited- it felt like forever since we had seen the baby!  I thought that we would just get a few little peaks, but we ended up getting to see a ton, PLUS, the tech told us that she just got a new machine with the 3D/4D features and she wanted to play around with it.  So we got that perk, too!  The thing that stood out to me this time, was he looked very crowded in there because he was definitely chunking up- chubby cheeks and everything.  He was asleep almost the entire time, so once again the tech had a hard time getting him to move and let us see him.  He had his arms and hands up by his face while he slept, which is what he was doing at the last ultrasound too.  Now I'm curious to know if he will sleep with his little arms and hands up by his face once he arrives, too!


An obstructed profile
More hiding.
2 D toes and 3 D toes
That face! Definitely looking like David... 
And we even caught a blurry smile. This photo is a little creepy- she was using some editing effect that makes the skin look like candle wax, but I had to share the little smile we got to see. 
And a final comparison for good measure...


See you SOON, little man!

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!