Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Saturday, October 11, 2014

28 Weeks - An Eggplant

September 25, 2014


Photo Thoughts: THIRD TRIMESTER!!!!!  How did that happen already? I got a HUGE haul of maternity clothes this week from my friend Kim- so exciting, since I was getting sick of the stuff I already have.  

How I'm Feeling: I'm thankful to still feel so good at this point (knock on wood).  My back is definitely starting to bother me throughout the day. Oh, and most days, it seems like by the end of the evening, my ankles and feet are somewhat swollen.  It always seems to go down by the morning though. 
 
Baby/Bump: Baby is showing brain activity and starting to fill out that wrinkly skin some fat (yay chubby babies!).  Also, this is the so-called "golden week" when it is said that from here on out, if the baby were born, he would likely survive due to lungs being more mature.  It's a big relief to know that, but pleeeeeeaaaase keep on baking for a lot longer, baby! 


At my doctor's appointment this week, I was measuring just slightly behind (27 weeks instead of 28 weeks), but she said that's still considered normal.  She also said that I have maybe about one more inch at the most for baby to take up vertical space, but from here on out it would be outward growth for this baby and belly.  Welp, let's see how big I get from here on out!  Also, the above photos and the few below were all taken this week.  It's interesting to see how different the bump looks depending what I'm wearing or on the time of day (first thing in the morning vs. later in the day). 



Symptoms: Some lower back pain, slightly swollen ankles at the end of the day. 

Weight: + 20 pounds total...

What I'm Anticipating: I got my baby shower invitation in the mail!  I'm so excited to go to Phoenix in a few weeks to celebrate baby boy!


What I'm Stressing About/Worries:  I woke up at about 3AM one night this week (to go to the bathroom... of course), but then I could not fall back asleep.  I laid awake in bed for at least an hour kind of working myself up into a panic thinking about how little time I have left, how much I have to do still, worrying about how much my life would change, and truthfully for a brief moment, the dark/totally irrational thought even entered my mind that "wait, maybe I don't want/am not ready for all this afterall." I eventually calmed myself down and fell back asleep, and woke up feeling fine the next morning.  Just a LOT on my mind I guess, and apparently my brain wanted to sort through it all at 3AM that day. 

Now that I think about it, THIS may have had something to do with me waking up in a panic.  At my appointment this week (the same day I woke up in the middle of the night), they went ahead and scheduled all the rest of my appointments for the rest of the pregnancy.  THAT was a pretty scary thing to think about. 


Sleep: Still good!  Except for that one night I mentioned above. 

Exercise: Slowly but surely starting to work exercise back into my schedule. I went to my favorite Wednesday and Saturday Zumba classes this week. 

Movement: Lots of movement, but still not strong enough that I can differentiate between kicks, punches, stretches, rolls, etc.  It will be fun (and probably totally weird) when I get to the point where I can differentiate body parts. 

Boy or Girl: Blue!

Milestones: Made it to the 3rd trimester.  I'd say that's a pretty big milestone!  Also, I had my glucose challenge test this week, and I passed!  Phew!  Honestly, I didn't think that sugary drink was all that bad.  Mine tasted like extra sugary, but flat Hawaiian Punch.  I took myself out on a lunch date afterwards to celebrate checking that test off the list and making it to the 3rd Trimester. 



Bad preggo- eating deli meat.

Highlights of the Week: I got to spend a day this week with four (American) friends that I made in Australia.  Four of us now live in Houston, and one was visiting while her husband is her for a short-term work assignment.  It was so fun to get together, and I'm so glad I met these girls on the other side of the world.  In addition to the five of us girls, there were 3 outside babies, and 2 inside babies.  BABIES EVERYWHERE! 


About 5 weeks apart. It' so fun to go through our pregnancies together!

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!