Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, August 21, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} Week 20 - A Banana

July 31, 2014

HALF WAY BAKED!  Can't believe it!  It's crazy to wonder if maybe I'm even a little MORE than half way, or if maybe baby will be late and so maybe I'm not QUITE half way yet...

Will we keep the boy shoes or the girl shoes?!...
Photo Thoughts:
I bought this new maternity shirt from Target, and while I really like it, I realize that it definitely has more length than I need at this point- it doesn't look right with shorts without a big belly to cover.  I'll have to put it away for a few more weeks before wearing it again... or maybe get some leggings to try it out with. 

How I'm Feeling: Really great, really lucky, really enjoying it.

Baby/Bump: Baby H is the size (well, length) of a banana this week. He/she has working taste buds now, so he/she is sure to like chocolate by now, just like me. :-)  He/she is also swallowing amniotic fluid now. Yuck- stop that! 


The bump still hasn't "popped" yet, but I have a feeling that is right around the corner.  My belly is getting super hard... which is a strange sensation.  I know that belly is growing though, because the one pair of jeans that still fits me are really pushing the limits (and that's with the belly belt). 

Symptoms: My face acne seems to be clearing up a bit (knock on wood), but the oh so attractive chest acne- not so much. GO AWAY!  I can't really any other note-worthy symptoms at this point.

Weight: +0 this week.  Which makes sense since I packed on 3 el beez last week after my trip home.  So I'm still hanging in there at +10.0 total.

What I'm Anticipating: I've been really looking forward to our ultrasound TOMORROW!  Will Baby H be a baby boy or baby girl?!  Aside from finding out the sex of the baby, I'm mostly just excited to see our little bub again... and even a little sad that it will likely be the last ultrasound we have of the pregnancy.  Hoping for lots of images of a healthy baby!!

Not that I'm counting down or anything...
What I'm Stressing About/Worries: Kind of baby related, kind of not... but I'm starting to stress about our house search.  Our apartment lease is up next month, and we signed a contract with a real estate agent this week to help us find a rental house.  The market is just so crazy right now, prices are high, and houses are moving quickly... it all makes me nervous.  I mean, it's not like we will be homeless, but I'm just stressing about going through the whole process, the actual move, etc.  But it will be nice to finally be in a place that is bigger than 700 sq. ft. where we can finally get all of our stuff out of storage that's been packed away since before our move to Australia.  Think good real estate thoughts for us!

Sleep: Sleep is great.  I fall asleep quickly and sleep very soundly, aside from a trip to the restroom in the middle of the night... although this isn't even happening every night anymore.  I'm still managing to do a "modified stomach sleep" with the help of a little throw pillow that props me up at the perfect angle so as not to totally squish the baby. 

Movement: Not yet... I don't think... This week I had a handful of occasions where I felt something that felt like gas bubbles, but not... (sorry, that's the only way I can accurately describe it).  I'm still not ready to call it baby movement, since I feel like that's something that when it happens I will know for sure.  This just feels too "maybe" to me... but it's still exciting to know that I will be feeling that soon!

Boy or Girl: If baby cooperates, we will know TOMORROW!!!

Milestones: 20 Weeks = Halfway!  I'd say that's a pretty big milestone!

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!