Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} 9 Weeks - An Olive/Grape

May 15, 2014

Apparently I have just entered the beginning of my 3rd month of pregnancy?  What?!  That seems impossible- I don't think that's right. This week I celebrated my first Mother's Day as an "almost mom."  That is also wild.  David was sweet enough to get me a Mother's Day card, but it's hard to consider myself a mother at this point.  Next year, when I hopefully have a near five month old, then yes, I will fully ring in my first Mother's Day with all the bells and whistles.

Left: major bloat hiding under that maxi dress - Center: Grape! - Right: Funny "Mom Jeans" Mother's Day card
Photo Thoughts: Again with the flowy tops/dresses.  The pregnancy bloat thing is real.  And I'm just not really willing to showcase my pregnancy gut.  When I get something that actually resembles a real deal baby bump instead of a beer gut, I will for sure show it off. 

How I'm Feeling:  Still really good.  Still really freaks me out...

Baby/Bump: This week our baby is the size of a green olive.  Olives happen to be one of my least favorite foods, so I opted to consult an alternative website that instead compared my baby's size to a grape.  This was much more acceptable to me.  Supposedly now this little grape is no longer an embryo, but now a fetus.  Basically that means that all of the major body systems are established and from here on out it's just growing and fine-tuning things.  Isn't that crazy that something the size of a grape could have all of its basic human functions/structures already?!  Pretty wild...


Symptoms: As I mentioned above, very few... at least, very few of the unpleasant ones.  I've noticed that in the evenings (around dinner time and after), I have some very vague feelings of nausea.  Nothing serious, but I tend to sit down to dinner and whatever is in front of me just doesn't seem very appealing.  I get most of it down without any problem, but I'm basically just not too interested in eating by that time of day.  Still having some freaky weird dreams.  And still having to get up once a night to pee. Oh, and bloat.  Lots of bloat.  My clothes are definitely getting uncomfortable, and I get that "Thanksgiving day, need to unbutton my pants feeling" quite often.  
 
Weight: +2.5 El Beez

What I'm Anticipating: Already getting very anxious and impatient for my next OB appointment at 11 weeks.  With my lack of typical pregnancy symptoms, it's hard to feel like I'm actually pregnant.  So I'm looking forward to some reassurance when we get to see our little grape on the ultrasound again!

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: Broken record here... just worrying about the possibility of miscarrying.  I can really get way too into my head about it, and I'm quickly able to convince myself that my lack of symptoms absolutely must mean something is wrong.  It's a total head game.  Oh, and as much as I tell myself to stay away from the pregnancy forums, I get sucked in and just can't stop reading the horror stories sometimes.  I need to stop that!

Diet/Cravings/Aversions: None really.  And I seem to be doing better in the evenings as far as things not being appealing to me at dinner time. 

Sleep: Great- no problems there, and I hope it stays that way.  Still getting up once per night to use the bathroom, still having crazy dreams.  Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned before how much of a struggle it has become to pull myself out of bed in the mornings.  I've never been a morning person, but I've never had this much trouble actually getting out of bed.  It's a real struggle now!

Exercise: Still sticking strong to my 5-6 days a week workout schedule.  Haven't had any problems with this yet, but I have noticed that my endurance for running has really decreased already.  I can't believe it was only a little over a month ago that I ran a ten mile race.  That sounds impossible to me now!

Movement: WAY too early for this.  Although supposedly, the baby has begun wiggling his/her arms and legs already.  Crazy!

Boy or Girl: Also WAY too early for this.  But yes, we will find out when that time comes.

Milestones: First mother's Day... kind of.  Graduated to month three of pregnancy (?).

Highlights of the Week: The highlight of this week was most definitely telling my parents that they are going to be grandparents!  Here's how it went down:

On Saturday, I told my good friend Sarah that I was pregnant.  That in itself was a fun highlight of the week!  My idea was to have her be in on the reveal since my parents live in Phoenix, and I couldn't be there in person to give them the news myself.  So I had already sent Sarah a package that included my mom's "Mother's Day present" and Sarah was going to stop by on Sunday and deliver it to her.  I had some excuse about how I didn't have time to send it to them on time, so I asked Sarah to pick something up for me and run it by the house... so they were expecting her that day.  The gift included: a onesie with "I Love My Grandparents" on it, and a grandmother's journal with cute prompts for a grandmother to share stories of her life with a grandchild.  I got a grandfather's one for my dad, too.  THIS is what I got, if you're curious.  There was also a card that the lovely Emily from Live A Charmed Life designed for me.  I put a copy of the ultrasound photo in the card, too. 

I was for some reason so incredibly nervous about telling them.  I think a lot of it was excitement, but there were definitely some nerves too- not sure why, but that feeling definitely didn't last long.  Sarah texted me when she pulled up to my parents house, and it just killed me that I couldn't be there, but I was waiting in anticipation for the call that I knew would come soon now... and the video that I begged Sarah to take. 

It went SO well, and my parents- especially my mom- were SO surprised.  I really don't think they had any idea whatsoever.  Sarah did such a great job, and I honestly can't imagine anything better- aside from me being there of course.  She got the best video of the whole thing, and I LOVE seeing my mom's reaction.  It's so sweet to see her shock and excitement!  See for yourself:


And here's a fun selfie that Sarah took with my parents after the big reveal:


It was so fun to talk to them afterwards.  Lots of excitement and questions and squealing!  I had to give a quick little lecture to them about how they were not to tell anyone else until we gave them the go ahead. 

Silly me forgot to take a photo BEFORE I wrapped the gifts... pregnancy brain... But below is a fuzzy post-opening picture my mom sent me

 
 
Future Grandma!
That reveal made things feel very real!  We're still not ready to tell anyone else yet, but this definitely made me excited for when that time comes! 

 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!