Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Saturday, August 09, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} 7 Weeks - A Blueberry

May 1, 2014

We are moving on up in the baby/food size comparison, and this week baby is the size of a blueberry!  According to my various sources (The Bump app, "What To Expect..."), little blueberry is growing 100 new brain cells per minute this week, and is even starting to sprout some stubby looking arms and legs! 


Just like last week, I felt a sense of relief just to be another week further along.  I still can't shake this nagging sense of worry that something might go wrong.  So at this point, it's just a big relief to get further along and put each week behind me.  I do know that I should focus on being more positive and enjoying this experience, and I am trying, but I think I just may be this way for a few more weeks though- regardless. 

Exciting Moment Of the Week:
I've started to plan my "big reveal" for telling my parents.  David was supportive of me wanting to tell just my parents after our first OB appointment next week- so I will tell them on Mother's Day!  I can't wait!  And I'm so thankful that David was understanding of my desire to share our news with just my parents at that point, since if something bad does happen (God forbid), I know it will be important for me to have their support.  I think we will hold off until I'm out of my first trimester (about 12 weeks) to tell the rest of our families and slowly start letting friends in on the big news.

Symptoms:
I've been experiencing pretty consistent cramping each morning and evening.  Sometimes it's pretty uncomfortable, but I keep reading that it is normal, so I'm not too worried about it.  If nothing else, it's kind of nice to have some sort of sign that "things are happening" in there.  When I read that my uterus has already doubled in size, I guess it makes sense that I'd be feeling lots of stretching/cramping in there!  I had one morning this week where I was getting ready for work and suddenly felt very hot and clammy and had a severe wave of nausea wash over me.  I spent some time hugging the toilet thinking, "oh no, here we go..."  But I cranked the AC on high, tried to force down some ice water and felt much better after about 20 minutes.  So far, that is still just a one time occurrence.  Let's hope it stays that way, because that 20 minutes was not fun! 

Epiphany of the Week: Earlier in the week, I went to my favorite paper store to stock up on mother's day cards for all the moms/grandmothers in my life.  At checkout, the cashier asked if I was a mom.  I kind of didn't really know how to respond and just stuttered, "... ummmm.... no... not yet..." Of course that made things awkward, and so she just said that she was going to wish me a happy mother's day if I was.  So that got me thinking that I guess this could possibly be considered my first mother's day!  Sure, next year it will all be much more real, but I guess this does still count in some way! 

Center: Holding An Itty Bitty Blueberry


 photo signature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!