Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} 17 Weeks - An Onion

July 10, 2014


Photo Thoughts: Check out my new dress!  I bought a couple new sun dresses this week, since it seems like sun dresses are going to be the way to go to get me and my wardrobe though this summer.  Also- this week I got my first baby clothing gift!  More on that below.

How I'm Feeling: Good this week! It was fun to get some new clothes- even thought it's hot as heck, I think summer seems to be an easier time to be pregnant (wardrobe-wise).  I had my 16 week appointment this week, and it was nice to have a little check-in and hear Baby H's heartbeat.  Sometimes I think to myself "Are we sure there is really a baby in there?  So it's nice to check in with the doctor and get some real life evidence to remind me that yes, indeed, there is a baby in there.

Baby/Bump: I've got a stinky 5.1 inch, 5.9 oz onion growing in there this week.  His/her cartilage is beginning to harden into bone and he/she is starting to put some meat/fat on those bones.  However, I think my baby is a little confused, because a lot of that extra fat seems to be showing up on my bones.  Sigh.


Symptoms:  Still pretty darn lucky in this department.  My face/chest acne doesn't seem to be improving much at all yet, I'm still having some wacky dreams, and I've had another couple bouts of heartburn. 

Weight: +7.0 total.  Although my doctor's scale said a little more, but for my ego's sake I'm just going to go off of my once weekly home weigh-in that I do first thing in the morning without heavy things like clothes and shoes on. 

What I'm Anticipating: I'm anxious to get the test results back from the blood work that I had done at my appointment this week.  I think they were testing for neural tube defects.  I'm also really looking forward to this coming weekend when we will have a friend take a few photos for us to use for a pregnancy announcement!  We've decided to just wait to make the big news public (social media) until we know the sex.  We've waited this long already, what's a few more weeks? 

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: On Monday morning on my way to work, I side swiped the passenger side of the car on a pole while backing out in our apartment garage.  That was pretty stressful, and something I'm SO mad at myself about.  To me it doesn't look that bad, but I did get one quote to fix it, and they said it was $1700 worth of damage.  Ugh! I want a two second do-over of that moment!

Sleep: Still really good.  I'm still managing to sleep on my stomach sometimes, although when I do I can kind of feel something hard in my stomach.  The doctor said it's fine for me to keep sleeping that way, and that I will eventually reach a point where I just can't anymore.  And I'm guessing that time isn't too far off since like I said last week, I do seem to naturally be switching over to my side or back during the night anyways. 

Boy or Girl: Still really no inklings one way or the other.  One day at work this week, not more than 10 seconds after I walked in the door, a co-worker took one look at me and said, "Oh you're so having a boy."  I asked her why she thought that, and she said, "well, you are totally breaking out."  Gee, thanks for pointing out my breakout.  I actually was surprised that I wasn't all that offended- more just amused.  People say ridiculous things, and it's also funny to hear people's "theories" about if they think you are having a boy or girl. Everything is totally contradictory.  It just comes down to 50/50 people.  Oh, but the date IS set for the anatomy scan- August 1.  So if all goes well and baby H is cooperative, we should know then!

Highlights of the Week: We went to Austin over the 4th of July weekend to attend a housewarming party for some friends of ours.  It was a lot of fun to see their new place- I'm glad we went!  It was even more exciting because we found out that they are also expecting- in February sometime.  So it's fun to have another preggo friend. 

Another highlight this week was hearing the heart beat again at my 16 week appointment.  This time it was 165 bmp.  It is just the best sound to hear!

And yet another great part of the week was receiving the sweetest baby gift in the mail from my friend, Jen.  Jen and I went to college together and were roommates and travel partners in Spain.  She also visited David and I while we were in Australia, so she understands my obsession with love for koalas.  This was just the cutest gift, and the first item of baby clothing that anyone has gifted me!  Thanks, Jen!



 photo signature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love reading through all of these! It's crazy that I'm reading posts from so along ago where you're guessing gender, and then I see all of sudden you are having a BOY! Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see that bump get bigger and bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in these photos and that koala onesie turned out pretty darn adorbs. Thanks to Etsy! I see you've already purchased more since. #interventiontime

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!