Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

{Hidden Baby Chronicles} - 10 Weeks - A Prune/Kumquat

May 22, 2014

Wahoo! Double digits!  Things are moving right along.  I'm still really willing these first trimester weeks to pass quickly... I just really want to get to the second trimester and feel a little more comfortable with things most likely being OK. 


Photo Thoughts: Yet another flowy "disguise the bloat" shirt.  BUT, you can tell by where my hand is that my tummy is definitely growing.  Also, the "fruit of the week" is finally starting to get big enough to actually kind of see in the photos!  And as my face may reveal in the last photo, I have mixed feelings about my new "belly belt."  Sigh...

How I'm Feeling: Still pretty darn normal.  And this continues to freak me out.  Actually even more so this week.

Baby/Bump: This week our baby is the size of a prune.  I'm apparently already taking up the parent habit of thinking my baby is way cuter than others do, because I just couldn't deal with using a prune comparison this week.  I had to consult an alternative website that used a kumquat for size comparison.  Much better/cuter!  Baby is 1.2 inches long.  Little kumquat now has working joints and its organs are now fully developed and starting to function.  Also, hair and fingernails are starting to appear.  Crazy, hairy little kumquat!


Symptoms: Broken record again.  Very few of the typical 1st trimester symptoms that you hear about.  I know I am very lucky to be feeling so great, but it really just throws me off.  In fact, the few symptoms that I was having actually seemed to lessen this week.  Which really threw me into a tizzy.  I'm not having the slight nausea/indifference to food in the evenings anymore, not getting dizzy as much, haven't had any cramping for quite a while now.  All I'm really left with is the lovely BLOAT.  It takes a lot of mental effort to convince myself that just because I'm not having many symptoms doesn't mean something is wrong. Easier said than done though. 

Weight: + 4.  ACK!  Slow down weight gain!!  I've actually been doing really well with watching what I eat (or so I thought). 

What I'm Anticipating: I'm so anxious for my next OB appointment.  One week from today!  I am really hoping that I can calm the eff down after that. 

What I'm Stressing About/Worries: This week I got extra worried about my lack of symptoms and the fact that the ones I did have seemed to actually be lessening.  This pregnancy this can be a total mind game, people!  My mom got to listen to me go on and on about it for quite a while a couple days ago.  It felt good to just vent.  I also talked to David about it, and he actually made me feel a lot better.  Sometimes he's not the best at comforting me when I'm being emotional or unreasonable... he's just so typical engineer in his thought processes that I think it's hard for him to reason with me when I get like that.  But in this case, he pulled though and gave me some really good advice/encouragement, and I felt so much better afterwards.  He basically told me, "focus on the facts.  The facts that you have now are: 4 positive pregnancy tests, a beautiful ultrasound, and we even saw the heart beating away.  Those are the facts, and they all seem to mean that you have nothing to worry about."  His advice was so engineer/logical minded- I love it.  And he's absolutely right.  So I'm trying to just focus on the facts that I do have and not get caught up in all my hypothetical situations and worries. 

What I'm Missing:  This weekend was the first time I missed having a glass (or 3) of wine on Saturday evening while we relax on the couch and watch TV.  So I poured some fancy, bubbly fruit juice drink into a wine glass and tried to enjoy that.  It actually wasn't too bad, and did the trick... kind of. 



Sleep: Sleep is good.  So good.

Exercise:  Still sticking strong to my 5-6 days a week workout schedule.  Which makes me even more frustrated at the fact that I've gained 4 pounds already.  Oh well...

Movement: WAY too early for this.  Although supposedly, the baby has begun wiggling his/her arms and legs already.  Crazy!  And its little hands now meet over its heart- awwwww!

Boy or Girl: Also WAY too early for this.  But yes, we will find out when that time comes.

Milestones: For baby: vital organs are formed and starting to function!  For me: I had my first visit to a maternity store.  I had been doing some research on belly bands and belly belts, and I wanted to see some in person before I made my decision.  It was so odd to walk in there... especially without a bump to "prove" that I belong in there.  But the sales lady who helped me was so nice and answered a ton of questions for me.  I ended up with a belly belt, which should hopefully help me make my pants/shorts last me some more weeks before needing to buy any full on maternity pants.  It's basically like a bra extender that just lets you have more space around the waist band of your pants.  And actually, I tried it when I got home, and at this point it gives me too much room.  So I might just need to wear my pants unbuttoned for a bit longer before I'm ready for the belt thing. 


 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Pregnancy is SUCH a mind game! Everyone and everything is telling you what you ought to be feeling, doing, etc. Don't give in! Take it one day at a time. Pretty soon, you'll be at 33 weeks, wishing the baby would stop bouncing around so much ;) It goes by so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!