Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, October 24, 2013

You've Been Boo'ed

Even though Halloween isn't really a thing here in Australia, I still like to try and spread a little Halloween cheer.  So this year, I decided to repeat a fun little activity that I also did here last year called "Boo-ing."  Basically, you put together a little Halloween-themed goody bag and leave it on the doorsteps of a few unsuspecting neighbors or friends.  I also attached instructions and a "We've Been Boo'ed" sign so that hopefully the recipient can continue the chain and boo someone else!  The instructions and sign were found HERE


This year I had a much easier time finding Halloween items in the stores as compared to last year.  I guess as more and more Americans are coming to this small town, our Halloween traditions are rubbing off a little bit.  I was feeling extra generous this year and decide to do four Boo's.  In each pumpkin basket I included:

-Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
-Halloween Candy
-A Glitter Skeleton Ornament thingy
-Halloween Balloons

 
 

I'm pretty sure that by the time the people got their gifts, the chocolate candy was just a bag of melted mush, but oh well.  That's what happens when you live in the Southern Hemisphere and everything is backwards (and hot all. the. time). 

Happy Halloween!

 photo signature.jpg

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a lovely idea. Melted chocolate tastes the same after you freeze it. :P Though I love to mix it into soften vanilla ice cream, if you use the cheap kind it'll taste like a McFlurry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I've never heard of this before. So creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! I will be experiencing my first US Halloween! We did not really do it much in the UK - it should be fun!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks- it was really fun! You should try it next year :-)

      Delete
  4. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!