Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Return to the Motherland

I've been meaning to post about this since the day our trip was finalized and in the books...

It's official (and long overdue), we will be home for Christmas!!!!!!!! 

Through David's company, we are eligible for a home leave trip (on their tab) once per year.  We were technically eligible for our leave in July, since that marked one year since David moved here.  Well, that time of year was a pretty busy time on the project for David, plus my parents were visiting around that time... so we decided to push our leave back to December so that we could be home for the holidays.  At the time that we made the decision to postpone our leave, I was a little doubtful that I would last nearly a year and a half here without visiting home even once.  However, being here for the holidays last year was really hard, so I knew it would be worth it! 

Once we had confirmation from David's company that our flights were booked, the excitement began.  I immediately installed a countdown app on my phone.  And since then, I've been in countdown mode.  When I first started my countdown, it looked like this:


Now it looks like this:
 
 

Time is seriously flying by- I can't even wrap my mind around it.  We will be back in the motherland- on sweet American soil before I know it!  Family and friends- prepare the Diet Dr. Pepper and Mexican food- here we come! 

 photo signature.jpg

4 comments:

  1. In Melbourne there's lots of places in the city including Coles that sell Dr. Pepper. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found "Diet Dr.Pepper" in Tanzania too but I think it's the British version or something... Not only is it not the same, it's gross!! So needless to say I'm totally jealous you get to spend Christmas with family, Mexican food, and diet dr. Pepper. It'll be another Christmas away from home for us. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay that's so exciting! I can't even remember the last time we were home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you! Hope to see you while you are back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!