Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Wine, Red Cups, PYT, and Papasans

 
Tuesday, September 17: A memory you would love to relive.
 
It's hard to pick just one.  Of course, there are obvious moments I'd love to relive a million times like our wedding day, the night David proposed, the trips that we've taken, etc.  But there is one much more ordinary memory that I'd love to relive that I chose to write about today. 
 
My four years in college were the time of my life!  High school? Meh.  It wasn't bad or traumatizing or anything, but I would never choose to actually go back to that time.  College, on the other hand, is a time in my life I would love to relive over and over again.  While all four years were amazing, I would say that my senior year was the best of them all.  I lived in an awesome house off campus with five of my closest friends, we were all just back from studying abroad, we could all (legally) drink... it was just such a carefree time. 
 
There is one memory in particular that I would love to relive from that year.  It was a weekend night, and as usual, we were getting ready to go out.  Which in the small college town we were in meant either a house party or the hole in the wall bar down the street.  My two best friends, Kate and Anne, and I would always get ready together in Kate's room since her room was the biggest and she had the best clothes to choose from :-)  We were drinking wine and feeling pretty fancy that for once it wasn't PBR, Natty Light, or some other crap beer.  My iPod was blasting Michael Jackson's PYT on repeat- it was our getting ready jam.  I don't even know if we ever actually ended up making it out that night, because at some point we ended up plopped on the floor and amazing papasan chairs in Kate's room just talking and laughing.  I don't remember what we even talked about, but it was one of those moments that just felt so perfect.  We didn't have a care or worry in the world.  In our wine-drunk state, we were extra enthusiastic and in love with whatever or whoever it was we were talking about at the moment. 
 
Just BABIES we were! 
Oh to be laying in that papasan chair again with a red plastic cup of wine in my hand, gossiping the night away with two of my best friends.  No jobs, no husbands, no real responsibilities, no time zones between us.  Just perfect!  I'm still very close friends with these two girls, and I love thinking about how far we've come since that day.  But I also sometimes wish we could go back to that time, even if just for a moment. 
 
I guess we DID make it out that night after all...
 
 
 photo signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. fun, fun, fun! love college memories! we thought we had it rough! hehe...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!