Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Life Lately / Currently

  
Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. 
 
I'm going to approach today's prompt in the form of a "currently" post, since I'm feeling the need for a little structure I guess :-)
 
Currently...
 
Enjoying: Day 2 of my two week school break!  The schools here have a two week break between each quarter.  I'm loving being a "lady of leisure" so far, but I am really trying to be at least somewhat productive.  This is the first school break I've had here that we don't have big travel plans, so I'm actually looking forward to some time to rest, relax, and cross things off the old "to do" list. 
 
Reading: Well, I should say, "about to start reading" The Book Thief.  A few friends started up a little book club, and this is our first book.  I've heard great things about it, and I'm excited because it is also going to be coming out as a movie soon!
 
(Source)
Watching: You know me- always some form of reality television.  Right now, I'm pumped about the first ever Bachelor Australia.  I'm also excited about the new season of Dancing With the Stars (I think I may be the only person that watches this anymore) and The Voice. 
 
The Australian Bachelor- Pretty dreamy, right? (Source)
Looking Forward To: A weekend getaway to Hervey Bay for whale watching!  This is supposed to be some of the best humpback whale watching in the world- can't wait! 

I'm going to be singing Michael Jackson's "Will You Be There" every time I see a whale (Source)

Sewing: Yes, sewing.  I went to a little sewing class last night after much convincing from two friends, and I'd say it was a success.  It was really low pressure, and I actually really enjoyed it. I made a pin cushion as my starter project.
 
 
Feeling Grateful: to finally feel like I have a little group of friends here, and thus some semblance of a social life.  It was really just a couple months ago that I started connecting with some great girls here (fellow expats), and I am so happy to finally have girlfriends here.  It took nearly a year, but I'm so glad this part of my life here is finally falling into place. 
 
 photo signature.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Oooh yay for book club! I started a few months back with a great group of ladies in Cusco. I'd love to find another group in Lima, or maybe online :) And your pin cushion looks great, congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know how the book is! The Book Thief is on my long list of books to read. Enjoy your break and continue to relax : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!