Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My First Video: Sights & Sounds From Oz

It's been nearly two weeks now since my parents came to visit us in Australia.  They were here for two weeks, and I think we managed to squeeze in about as many authentic Australian experiences as possible!  I'm still working on blogging about all that we did, but until I can get those posts finished up, here's a little video that I put together of some of the highlights of their trip. 

I know this video is far from fancy, but I have to brag a little bit because I have never edited or arranged a video before.  But with a few hours and a free "Microsoft Movie Maker" download, I managed to teach myself a few tricks and create something that I'm actually pretty dang proud of :-)  Any video experts out there have any tricks or suggestions of other programs to use for next time?

Enjoy!



 photo signature.jpg

3 comments:

  1. i love the lorikeets and the koala! maybe i should send "kate" our koala bear to live with you so she can be right at home =) can't wait to see your other pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video!! I feel like videos are so great because they give you a sense for what the country sounds like and you get a better idea of the country. I loved the didgeridoo and all the nature and wildlife you captured! My favorite was the Lorikeets - was that at your house? They're beautiful! Thanks for sharing a bit of what Australia looks and sounds like : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koala! So lovely! Such a great video!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!