Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Big Skies

Recently, I've noticed how extremely beautiful the skies here in Australia can be.  And now, I'm a little obsessed with trying to capture it with photos.  I don't know what it is, but I feel like in other places I've lived, I've never really noticed the sky like I seem to be noticing (and appreciating!) it here lately.  Maybe it's just that this is the smallest town I've even lived in, so the skies are definitely a lot clearer and less smoggy (although smog/sand in the sky does actually make for some incredible sunsets).  Not really sure what it is, but I just now seem to be a lot more aware of the beautiful sunrises, sunsets, blue skies, and amazing clouds. 

Looking at the skies also seems to make me get all reflective.  At times, it makes me feel so tiny and so truly far away from my home and my loved ones.  But other times, it can be comforting when I think about how it really is the same big sky.  It's fun to watch the sunset here and think about that same sun rising (and beginning the very day that I just ended) just a couple hours later in the US.  It's fun to live in the"future." :-)
*All photos un-edited and taken with my i-Phone.

This is actually a sunrise. I was particularly grumpy one morning, until I opened the shade above our bed and saw this.  I guess being up early enough to watch the sunrise isn't that bad.
 
Loved the two lines of wispy clouds this day.
 
Can't get over how BLUE the skies always are!
 
This is my favorite! 
 
This is the same sky as the photo above, just a couple hours later.
 
A particularly fiery sunset.  I loved that I could see the moon above Mt. Larcom at the same time. 

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous! These actually remind me a lot of New Mexican sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not joking when you said, "extremely beautiful"! Those are some amazing pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!