Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Friday, March 01, 2013

Today

Today...

...marks my six month-iversary of living in Australia.  Wow.  In some ways, my big move feels like just yesterday, but it also feels like a million years ago. 

...is the first day of Fall.  What?!?!  I really don't enjoy that my birthday month has somehow magically transformed from a Spring month to a Fall month.  So strange.  Side note: (for what I can only assume is because when it comes down to it, seasons are pretty meaningless here) in Australia, season changes have nothing to do with solstices or the tilt of the Earth on it's rotational axis. Nope, that would be too scientific.  Here, seasons simply change on the first day of every third month. 

...was a doozy at work.  I often work with students who have some serious emotional/behavior issues.  And today, I was unlucky enough to be the recipient of an emotional outburst.  I may or may not have been punched twice in the arm and then again in the lower stomach area only to later have to dodge flying pieces of glass as said student busted the window with a chair.  Luckily, this kid was quite small, so damage done (to me) was basically none.  Maybe more just a bruised ego on my part.  Teaching is tough!  But I just have to remember that this kiddo has been through some tough things in his short life already, and was unfortunately just expressing some of that today.  I know this, but still- sheesh!  At least it was Friday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!