Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Monday, December 10, 2012

Ninjabread Men

On Friday, my friend Kim invited me over to make gingerbread men and watch a holiday movie.  When I got there, she told me that when she had sent her husband out to get a gingerbread man cookie cutter, he had returned with ninjabread men cookie cutters instead.  Aren't they funny- and way more exciting than plain old gingerbread men anyways?! 


This is the recipe we used (Gingerbread Cookies).  They were yummy and super easy, but if I were to make them again, I would probably add more spices (ginger, cinnamon, and cloves) and maybe even some more molasses.  The ginger taste in these cookies was very subtle, and I usually like a stronger ginger taste/spice. 
Once you finish making the dough, you are supposed to refrigerate it for about 2 hours- just the perfect amount of time to watch a holiday movie, so that is what we did.  We watched “The Holiday.”
 
After the movie was done and our dough was ready, we got back to our ninjabread men.  Here’s how they turned out:
In progress...
Final product!
These Ninjabread men didn't last long at all in our house- they barely made it through the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!