Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Monday, December 17, 2012

Deck the Halls!

Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays.  I love the music, decorations, anticipation, shopping for gifts, and general good moods that seem to take over.  This year though, between knowing that I will be away from family and friends and the strange experience of having to celebrate Christmas during summertime,  it would be very easy for me to get all "scrooge-y" this holiday season.  BUT, I am determined not to.  I've been making every effort to get in the Christmas spirit this year, and one of the things that has helped the most is decorating our house!  And I've got to admit- for as few decorations as I was able to bring with us in our move, I think I did a pretty darn good job!  It definitely feels a little more Christmas-y around here! 
 
 
I started the Christmas-ification with this Pinterest-inspired take on a wreath.  Go here for the original link.
 
 
And what's Christmas without a fake tree?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Before and After: 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So that's what Christmas looks like at our house this year.  Merry Christmas, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I love your framed ornaments! It must be hard to be away from everyone, but if it makes you feel any better it still FEELS like summer here so the weather is not too different, ha! I just crank the music indoors and pretend like it's snowing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do the same- crank the A/C and the Christmas music to create my own little Winter Wonderland :-)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!