Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Christmas Story: Megan on a Stick

Let me just begin this by saying that I have the best family in the world.  No, really.  Because I was literally across the world this Christmas, my cousin Lee Anne, had the hilarious/amazing/genius idea to create a "Megan-on-a-Stick," so that I could be a part of the family Christmas celebrations from afar.  I can't tell you how much this made me laugh, smile, even tear up sometimes.  I loved getting all of the picture texts and Instagrams of what I was doing at that moment in Phoenix.  Thanks, Lee Lee for making me feel like I could be in two places at once this Christmas!  I miss you!

In the days leading up to Christmas, I got to hang out with some of my favorite people: little cousin Connor, sweet G-ma (we had a great visit), and the lovely lady behind this little project herself!

I also got to go on some errands around town- which of course included a Dr. Pepper run (and a new hat?).


On Christmas Eve, I enjoyed a lovely dinner, but apparently I drank too much wine and wasn't able to make it to church :-) Or so I'm told...


While they were gone, I watched over the presents and ate Santa's cookies.  Oops.  (And, knowing me, I probably had some more wine)

 
On Christmas morning, I got to wake up bright and early with the members of the family crazy brave enough to take part in the annual Christmas morning sunrise family hike up Camelback Mountain.  It sure was early (and cold!), but we had a great time- and the sunrise from the top was beautiful!  I love that each year somebody (not in our family!) hauls a Christmas tree all the way up there!  I wish I always looked this good after a workout..
 


Thanks again family for helping me feel a little closer to home this Christmas!  I had a great time being in two places at once! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this is so cute! What a cute way for you and your family to feel like you were all together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't that a fun idea?! Definitely made me feel closer to home and all the holiday happenings there!

      Delete
  2. Adorable story, cleaver idea. Nice to meet you Megan. What a fun, interesting and thoughtful family you have. Question for you, here from blog everyday in May with this blog
    Archival Walk

    But, I have a Flat Stanley blog, being an expat..would you be able to do a Flat Stanley adventure with pics? Love to post your Flat Stanley adventures to help the kiddos learn something about your area with a link back to your blog of course. So in the name and url section leaving you the link to my Flat Stanley blog, so you can look around and see what you might like to do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed a fun and thoughtful family! :-) I'd be interested in learning more about your Flat Stanley blog but I did not see the link you shared for it. Let me know what it is, and I'd be happy to check it out!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!