Home About Me Travel Expat Life Image Map

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

A very happy Thanksgiving to my friends and family back in the U.S.!!  I so wish I could be there to celebrate and stuff my face with you all.  But I am so thankful to have so many people to miss and love in the first place! 

Today (or yesterday, depending on when you're reading this) was the actual day of Thanksgiving here in Australia.  However, Australians don't celebrate Thanksgiving, so it mostly felt like just another day- no days off, no parades, no turkeys.  David and I will celebrate with a traditional Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday with about 12 other Americans here at our house.  (Wish me luck as I act like I know what I'm doing in hosting this many people for a big meal- eek!) 

My parents and brother are in Pennsylvania for the holiday with my mom's side of the family.  I got to Facetime with them today (Wednesday for them) for a while, and it was so fun to see everyone- aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma, dogs, etc. Although, after that I was a little teary-eyed off and on throughout the day.  I guess the holidays just make that 14,000 miles seem even farther away... but thank God for technology!  It was so neat to see everyone together, and I almost felt like I was there.  Almost. Aside from the important things (friends, family, health, happiness), I do have to say that technology may be one of the things I am most thankful for this year :-)  

 

Happy Thanksgiving from down under, everyone!  And good luck to any Black Friday shoppers out there, too!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear about and see your Friendsgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love hearing from you!